Saturday, April 18, 2015

Organizing kitchen utensils

Although I do not have that much of kitchen utensils, they were jam packed inside the kitchen drawer. It was hard to find one of them in there without getting a little hurt because of a gadget somewhere in the drawer.

They had unknown place with the other kitchen tools in the drawer until I found those cute holders for kitchen utensils in "Carrefour". They were pretty cheap and really useful for my everyday use utensils.

Organizing kitchen utensils

They act as a very convenient home for the kitchen utensils that I use everyday. What is also nice about these holders that they can be hanged next to the stove or working table.

First of all purging is a must for utensils specially when they are duplicated or some of them are out of use for a long time.

Organizing kitchen utensils


Categorizing them was the next step, I was thinking about ( bake , cook , serve ) way to organize my utensils. But since I am not baking too much and I use only one whisk for only cooking sauces, I was thinking about preparing, cooking and serving food as categories. So I got my label papers and printed out some elegant labels to decorate the cups and add more functionality to them. 


The prepare cup holds all the utensils I use in preparing food. Silicon brush , spatulas, strainer, vegetable peeler , lemon squeezer, meat cutting knife and also kitchen scissors. I suggest also any utensils used in preparing, cutting and cleaning food such as fish peeler or potato masher.  In cook cup there are whisks, draining spoon and tongs. Last but not least in serve cup there are cake and pizza serving spoons and ladles. I also have a place there for spaghetti serving spoon and ice cream spoon .


Organizing kitchen utensils

I chose my kitchen cart as a home for these cute holders and they are so handy there. They really took few minutes to finish.  Do you have any other solutions for your everyday use utensils ? Looking to see you in the up-coming posts and looking more for your organizing projects to share.

10 comments:

  1. I keep mine on the counter in one container. It's nice having them so handy and not to be digging in a drawer for them! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather for leaving this nice comment. See you in the uo-coming posts

      Delete
  2. Hi! Dropping by from Home and Garden Thursday blog party!

    That is a great organizing idea. Aside from being tidy, it looks really nice. Thanks for sharing and have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea and I just love red and white together. Very clean and bright looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rebecca for the sweet comment and I am looking forward to be friends

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. You are welcome any time. Thank you for the comment. Enjoy the rest of the blog

      Delete
  5. I'm in love with your utensil organizers. They have a retro 50's vibe that I just adore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan for your comment . I am happy you liked them but what is retro 50's vibe and why my organizers are similar to it. :)

      Delete