Tuesday, July 29, 2014

How to make Tamarind juice

Today I will show you how to make Tamarind. Tamarind is a very famous drink in Egypt specially in Ramadan.  We drink it after or before "Iftar".


It is fresh and tangy . We love to drink it after fasting . It gives energy and power and makes you feel sooo fresh.



This is the Tamarind . You will  find it packaged and squeezed like this. Just cut the amount you want  into pieces.


Soak into water in the fridge over the night. The longer you leave it the richer flavor you will get .




This is after soaking for the night long. You will find the water turned into the tamarind color .



Filtrate it into colander. Oh yes I love this thing. This bowl is so easy to soak and filter also for washing fruits and veggies.


Taste it. It suppose to be sour if it is the right description . You can add water if you find the flavor too much rich. Add sugar as desired. You are done.




8 comments:

  1. I love tamarind water! I haven't made it in a long time!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Oliva. I like it because it is very fresh and tangy. I am happy you liked it

      Delete
  2. Tamarinds make such a pretty color. My name is Katie and I host Inspired Weekends, now open. All entries get pinned. I would love to have you link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie I am glad u liked it. Sure I will link up. Thank you for inviting me

      Delete
  3. I'd never heard of tamarind. Now I'll be on the look out for it so I can try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sooo tasty . You will like it. I hope you can find it around.

      Delete
  4. I have heard of tamarind, but have never had the opportunity to try it. Where can you usually find it? Thanks for sharing on Hump Day Happenings : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you can find it with the dry goods or if you have any store that sells imported goods you will find it in Indian section. Thank you Megan for the comments. Have a nice day

      Delete