Saturday, January 9, 2016

Organized Sewing Kit Story



Organized Sewing Kit

Once upon time we had a sewing kit which looked like this...



Organized Sewing Kit

Does This look like a messy box that we no longer use? In fact , The sewing kit was full of jam-packed sewing tools and I wasn't able to find anything in there. In exact words I couldn't even close the lid :D .

A pile of unfixed garments that grew up by time just because I didn't have any appetite to use that sewing kit was a good reason to organize that sewing kit box. I couldn't find anything in there. All the threads are all over each other and it wasn't very easy to get anything from that box.


Organized Sewing Kit

When it comes to organize small things,  it feels so exciting. It is the most excited challenge for me. We say "No more shuffling inside boxes". So I like organizing details, enhance and enhance till we get things done as easy as possible to find, grab and return back. Every tool in the box was packed with not pretty packages.  So First I unpacked all the sewing tools and get rid of any unneeded packages.

Organized Sewing Kit

Then I sorted and categorized them all.  Threads are grouped together, needles together , pins and zippers and so on. I like to collect buttons from any damaged garments before we get rid of them. So we have a good collection ready here for any reuses or up-cycling.

Organized Sewing Kit

It's time to contain the sewing tools. I saw beautiful sewing kits organized out there.. It feels a little bit jealous how cute organizing bloggers get beautiful clear boxes to organize sewing tools. I don't have that much of sewing tools and I also have a budget that can never be forgotten. So I got these cute little plastic pouches from local stationary.

Organized Sewing Kit

They were super cheap and they perfectly matches my needs and the groups I had created. Each group now has a pouch. Each pouch is zip-locked and it is clear so I can see everything clearly.

Organized Sewing Kit


Organized Sewing Kit

It is also so important to take care of those extra spare buttons that come with garments. I always like to label them so I can know which button is for which garment. All the spare buttons also have one plastic pouch.

Organized Sewing Kit

Finally, we have a real sewing kit that looks really cute, organized and easy to use. I can easily find everything and everything has a home.

Organized Sewing Kit

Organized Sewing Kit

Organized Sewing Kit

Time to label our beautiful box. Simply by Microsoft Word the label was designed and the box is labeled now.

Organized Sewing Kit

Organized Sewing Kit

The sewing kit box now is staying in our dressing room. with this cute label. All family members can find and use it. I hope you loved our sewing kit box story. Tell us your story too.

No comments:

Post a Comment